Albertville Fire Department History
- In 1926 we started with a group of volunteers
- In 1955 the fire department began running with a few full-time employees and still using volunteers as well.
- In 1988 we built station #2
- In 1994 the present-day station #1 was built.
- In 1998 the department went completely to full-time employees.
- In 2000 we built station #3
- Present-day we now have 40 full-time employees running 3 fire stations that cover 52 square miles with a population of over 25,000
Albertville Historian Dennis Burgess wrote an early history of the fire department.
Please read his account of the early history.